Porcelain Dental Crowns
Dental Crowns in Manalapan, NJ | A&M Dental Arts
Dental crowns may be just what you need if you’re looking for a way to restore your smile and improve the functionality of damaged or decayed teeth. A&M Dental Arts in Manalapan, NJ, has a team of skilled and experienced dental professionals ready to help you achieve your dental goals.
Dental crowns provide a versatile and practical solution to protect your natural tooth after minor chips and cracks, root canals, dental implants, or large fillings. They can restore your teeth to their former glory, giving you the confidence to smile and eat comfortably again.
They effectively restore a tooth’s function and appearance while protecting it from further damage.
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Crowns?
Porcelain crowns have many benefits, making them a popular choice for dental restorations.
- They are highly durable and long-lasting and can withstand normal wear and tear.
- They are designed to match the natural color of your teeth.
- They are highly resistant to stains and discoloration.
What Can I Expect From the Dental Crown Procedure?
Getting a porcelain crown typically involves two visits to your dentist. During the first visit, your dentist, Dr. Singh, will examine your tooth and determine whether a crown is necessary.
If a crown is needed, Dr. Singh prepares the tooth by removing any decay or damage and shaping it to accommodate the crown. Next, he will take an impression of the tooth to create the crown in a dental laboratory.
While the dental lab creates the crown, you will have a temporary crown on your tooth to protect it. Once the permanent crown is ready, you will return to your dentist for the second visit. During this visit, your dentist will remove and replace the temporary crown with the permanent one.
Dr. Singh will ensure the crown fits correctly and your bite is aligned properly. Once the crown is in place, your dentist will provide care instructions to ensure that your crown lasts for many years.
Are there any risks associated with dental crowns?
While dental crowns are generally considered safe, there are some risks and complications associated with the procedure. These can include tooth sensitivity, nerve damage, or a loose or ill-fitting crown. Your dentist will discuss these risks with you before the procedure.
How do I Care for a Dental Crown?
Caring for your porcelain crown is essential to ensure it lasts many years. Here are some tips to help you care for your crown:
- Brush your teeth and floss regularly: Your porcelain crown requires excellent oral hygiene to keep it clean from plaque and bacteria.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods: Porcelain crowns are strong and durable, but hard or sticky foods can still damage them. Avoid chewing on ice, hard candy, or other objects. Additionally, avoid sticky foods like caramel or chewing gum, which can pull on the crown and cause it to become dislodged.
- Wear a mouthguard: If you participate in sports or other activities that could result in a blow to the mouth, wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth and your porcelain crown.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Regular dental checkups are essential to ensure that your crown and the surrounding teeth and gums are healthy. Your dentist can also check the crown’s fit and make any necessary adjustments to ensure that it remains in place.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Crowns last between 5-15 years, depending on the amount of wear and tear and your oral health habits. After we place your dental crown, you’ll want to avoid grinding your teeth, biting your fingernails, and opening packages with your mouth. Doing this will help your height last for as long as possible.
What are the Different Types of Dental Crowns?
There are several types of dental crowns, each with unique advantages and disadvantages. The most common types of dental crowns are:
- Porcelain crowns
- Ceramic crowns
- Gold crowns
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns (PFM)
- Composite/Resin crowns
Your dentist will help you choose the best type of crown for your needs based on factors such as the tooth’s location, damage extent, and budget.
Get Your Dental Crowns in Manalapan, NJ
If you are considering a porcelain crown, schedule an appointment at A&M Dental Arts to determine whether it is the right option. With proper care, your porcelain crown can last many years and help you smile and eat confidently.
Call your dentist at 732-414-2002. We look forward to hearing from you.